Statement of the Group Global 3000
We work as a group Global Global 3000 since 2012 for art and sustainability.
In our artistic discourse we focus on ecological topics combined with social and / or economic issues. Our works are part of a new art language that is inherent in sustainability. GG3 thus promotes sustainability as a socially relevant and world-changing process. Art is required in its mediating role when it comes to making the invisible visible.
We operate the nonprofit gallery “Group Global 3000” in Berlin-Kreuzberg. It is located where the former German Wall ran. On the road and the site the traces are still visible.
In community with international artists we interact with the media: Object art, installation, drawing, photography, video, land art, painting and others. work, we show exhibitions and actions. Our events are free of charge. As a rule, we publish the exhibition topics in public and judge the entries submitted. When selecting applicants and their works, we pay close attention to the subject of the advertised topic. We communicate in English and German.
Our topic includes a variety of sustainability, as we do not know and can not determine the future. We support the “Sustainable Development Goals“. Sustainability is defined in german so that future generations should have the same opportunities for a fulfilling life as we do. At the same time, the opportunities for all people on earth must be distributed more fairly. Sustainable development combines economic progress with social justice and the protection of the natural environment. With art, we want to give impulses to the public and make our contribution. We offer a cultural space of thought for the big and small political processes of sustainability and non-sustainability. We do not raise the moral finger, we seek the encounter, the touch and the discourse.
“We will, .., can not avoid it, if we really want to claim sustainability as a socially relevant theme that is changing the world, and to do it with the means of art.” (Adrienne Goehler: Arte.TV) Culture – Taste It , whatever it is! “, 16. 9.2015)
Our name, Group Global 3000, shows that people act locally, globally, and for the future. We work for the “best of both worlds”.
We value discourse, thematic depth and encounter. Our exhibitions include four events: Vernissage, artist talk, lecture and Finissage. We win the referents from science, NGOs, journalism and business.
We seek a cooperative relationship with our artists and work with artists on an equal footing. Each of us is responsible for his or her own area, the artists for their work, we for the gallery with its exhibition.
Our ecological practice is part of our work.
Subjects of the exhibitions
The subjects of the exhibitions are taken from the current social, philosophical and ecological discussions. We work artistically e.g. with:
- the pace of society and the individual and their effects on nature
- our dealings with external nature, energy and substances
- our dealings with the inner nature, our body
- our economies against the waste and the exploitation of man and nature
- global social, economic and environmental development and our response to it
- the loss and gain of home and its effects on nature or its changes
- the tension between nature and culture
- own practice and not theory
- the research of artistic, inventive and scientific questions in the sense of sustainability
We work visitor-oriented
- We see our basic mission in stimulating more sustainability through dialogue with art.
- We do not want to raise our moral index finger.
- We want to address visitors at eye level.
- We are pleased when visitors enter into dialogue with us: With the team, the artists, join the club.
- Our art: The reaction of our guests is important to us. They do not need any prior knowledge for this. You are welcome to ask us about our art.
- Exhibition: The texts next to the works should help the guests to access the works.
- We organize four events per exhibition where we want to encourage exchange: Vernissage with music, performance, at vernissage introduction to the exhibition, artist talk, lecture and finissage.
- Introduction to the exhibition: We introduce ourselves to the guests and the artists present. We say a short sentence about their work.
- Lectures by expert speakers deepen the theme of the exhibition. The discussion afterwards is welcome. Interposed questions are almost always possible.
- We develop the themes of the exhibition from the current social dialogue with titles that are as accessible as possible.
- If guests wish to be invited personally, they can leave their e-mail address in our guestbook or at the bottom of our website.
- Visitors are welcome to leave comments on the exhibition in the guestbook.
Exhibition without event: Visitors are welcome to address the exhibition supervisor with questions or comments. Visitors do not have to. We are happy when visitors seek dialogue with us.
- Our flyers, website and poster are intended to inform guests about our offer.
- Visitors can become active with us: e.g. join the association, make donations, take over supervision.